Rear poly bushing. Any tips?

g60leigh

Reaction score
I'm replacing the inner tie bar bushes with some polyurethane versions and the rear ARB too.
Just doing it on my drive. So wanting any tips you can offer guys.

Am I right in thinking that the inner tie bar bolts need nipping up when the car is on its wheels and own weight?

Also does anyone know the torque setting for them?

Cheers

I'm replacing the inner tie bar bushes with some polyurethane versions and the rear ARB too.
Just doing it on my drive. So wanting any tips you can offer guys.

Am I right in thinking that the inner tie bar bolts need nipping up when the car is on its wheels and own weight?

Also does anyone know the torque setting for them?

Cheers

+1 I'm interested in the answers to these questions, my tie bar bushes are standard OEM and I want to poly upgrade them.

ARB bushes are easy just drop the exhaust & heat shield to get access, if you are replacing the bar itself undo the drop link bolts first. I would recommend a waterproof grease to as it doesnt take long before they begin to squeak.

Well they are all done.
ARB bushes can be done with exhaust and heat shield in situ. Little tight for space but workable

Tie arms are a ball ache but not over complicated. I just made sure that I tightened them while the suspension was under load so they are sat in their static position before nipping em up

Reactions: s33nyboy12