Rear parking sensors..

spiceboy36

Reaction score
What is the best way about getting rear parking sensors fitted? Audi dealer fit or independant? I want the flush fit ones like on the factory fit models and have heard the independents stick out a bit from the bumper but are cheaper?. Audi dealer wants 350 plus vat :-(.. I am prepared to comprimise could do with these getting fitted.

It may have been your post I saw elsewhere. There's a lot of companies out there doing this and many more that will send you the parts. The handy thing if you're doing it yourself is that inside the bumper are the marks for the factory fit locations so you know where to drill. I wouldn't pay that price unless it was 100% OEM and worked like a factory installation i.e. variable volume and tone via MMI.

Just a quick question regarding the sensors.When i select reverse gear the radio used to turn right down so you could here the beep,now if i have the radio on load i can here the first beep when i select reverse but the radio no longer seems to go low i have to turn the volume down manually to here the beep surely this isnt right is it?

Hi Stu

Yeah i have the volume setting u high it just seems to have stopped turning the radio down asaposed to the volume of the beep getting lower

Page 127 of the owners manual - In Car Entertainment Fader.

Select Function Selector Button Car > Parking Aid.

The volume of the current audio or video source is reduced when the parking aid is switched on

Audi dealer wants 350 plus vat :-(.. I am prepared to comprimise could do with these getting fitted.

For a start audi wont fit the proper oem mmi controlled kit, its 99.999% the £20 ebay kit with a huge markup that works of reverse wire signal to the kit & wont have any sort of control at all.

Now if you want the proper kit it, wont be cheap for that in parts alone, but also most bumpers come with the sensor brackets fitted these days when requesting pdc from factory, if you want to fit oem when not fitted from new, then you'd have to buy a new bumper, paint etc with brackets fitted, although I personally have fitted oem kits to bumpers that didnt have holes/brackets for, which look as per factory without any brackets at all, can be done if you know how to & the right tools as such.

PM me if any good to you.

and you have the option to mute the radio once reverse gear is selected

Really, couldnt see it mentioned on there site, how did they achieve this, kline/bus signal or adapter inline of speakers?

because on mine i have an aftermarket radio it conects to the mute wire on the back of the head unit, it is in the kit that ive linked to.

surely on the standard headunits theres a mute wire/pin?

There is, but mute on say rns-e is done over can for say BT unit, thus mute pin is disabled when BT installed & maybe disabled overall now with canbus able to do most things now.