1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear parking sensors..

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by spiceboy36, Jun 1, 2011.

1. spiceboy36

spiceboy36 New Member

[Jun 1, 2011]
    What is the best way about getting rear parking sensors fitted? Audi dealer fit or independant? I want the flush fit ones like on the factory fit models and have heard the independents stick out a bit from the bumper but are cheaper?. Audi dealer wants 350 plus vat :-(.. I am prepared to comprimise could do with these getting fitted.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jun 1, 2011]
    It may have been your post I saw elsewhere. There's a lot of companies out there doing this and many more that will send you the parts. The handy thing if you're doing it yourself is that inside the bumper are the marks for the factory fit locations so you know where to drill. I wouldn't pay that price unless it was 100% OEM and worked like a factory installation i.e. variable volume and tone via MMI.
  4. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

[Jun 4, 2011]
    Just a quick question regarding the sensors.When i select reverse gear the radio used to turn right down so you could here the beep,now if i have the radio on load i can here the first beep when i select reverse but the radio no longer seems to go low i have to turn the volume down manually to here the beep surely this isnt right is it?
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Jun 4, 2011]
  6. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

[Jun 6, 2011]
    Hi Stu

Yeah i have the volume setting u high it just seems to have stopped turning the radio down asaposed to the volume of the beep getting lower
  7. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Jun 6, 2011]
    Page 127 of the owners manual - In Car Entertainment Fader.

Select Function Selector Button Car > Parking Aid.

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 6, 2011]
    For a start audi wont fit the proper oem mmi controlled kit, its 99.999% the £20 ebay kit with a huge markup that works of reverse wire signal to the kit & wont have any sort of control at all.

Now if you want the proper kit it, wont be cheap for that in parts alone, but also most bumpers come with the sensor brackets fitted these days when requesting pdc from factory, if you want to fit oem when not fitted from new, then you'd have to buy a new bumper, paint etc with brackets fitted, although I personally have fitted oem kits to bumpers that didnt have holes/brackets for, which look as per factory without any brackets at all, can be done if you know how to & the right tools as such.

PM me if any good to you.
  9. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 11, 2011]
  10. NHN

[Jun 13, 2011]
    Really, couldnt see it mentioned on there site, how did they achieve this, kline/bus signal or adapter inline of speakers?
  11. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 14, 2011]
    because on mine i have an aftermarket radio it conects to the mute wire on the back of the head unit, it is in the kit that ive linked to.

surely on the standard headunits theres a mute wire/pin?
  12. NHN

[Jun 14, 2011]
    There is, but mute on say rns-e is done over can for say BT unit, thus mute pin is disabled when BT installed & maybe disabled overall now with canbus able to do most things now.