1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Parking Sensors

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by CMD, Feb 28, 2011.

1. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

2. TheButtonz

TheButtonz Member

3. Avant4me

Avant4me The're Graphite not black!!

Thinking about this after reversing mine into a trailer and drag in a dark service station
  4. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

Easy enough DIY - bumper skin off - loads of masking tape on outside of bumper - small pilot hole (1.5mm) drilled from inside out at marked centres shown inside of bumper in 4 places - 20mm hole cutter drilled from outside - file a small notch at 12 o'clock in each hole - push sensors in - wire up - bumper back on - calibrate - done.

Recently discussed here.
  5. scott b

scott b Active Member

as above its easier to remove the bumper, only go for 4 sensors as the holes are marked and the inner skin of the bumper is designed to take 4 sensors
  6. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Col, I think Paul (PJMSpeedy) has an after market set fitted to his mate
  7. technics100

technics100 Member

I fitted a set of ebay ones, I got the company to colour code them for me, I think they were about £45, fitted one evening and were great, no problems at all.
  8. MarkWizard

MarkWizard Member

I fitted a set of 4 sensors from an ebay company called London Colour (they also do HID kits). The parking kit was about £20 inc delivery and worked perfectly, my Dad has fitted a few of their kits too and never has had problems.

They also supply a range of colours
  9. medicpaul

medicpaul Member

Well almost there, fitted the sensors today and trailed all wires into the boot area. Will wire it all in tomoz. Done it with the bumper on, not too difficult but beware of the bumper bar behind. Any one know how to get access to the rear lights and which wire is the reversing wire, I'm shattered and feel to lazy to search!!![​IMG]
  10. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just inside the boot is a small plastic gromet, pop that off and there's a screw (Torx I think?) inside. Unscrew that DONT DROP IT and the light will hinge out from the rear and pop off. Be careful how you remove it till you see how it's fixed. I don't know about the reversing light wire, but you'll work it out from the PCB I expect.

How did you mark the holes to know where to drill without removing the bumper?
  11. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

Rear light cluster reverse signal is blue/red colour wire.
    (From Reverse Camera thread previously documented.)