1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Parking Sensors - Faulty?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by cheekeemonkey, Mar 11, 2008.

1. cheekeemonkey

cheekeemonkey Member

[Mar 11, 2008]
    Guys

Reversed onto the drive tonight and the bleeper just went to constant (normally intermittent when near somethin but not too close)

Got out and checked nothing was behing me - all clear

Looks like a fault :(

Any ideas on checks I can do to see if I can reset it/clear the fault before I go to the stealers?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. spacey

spacey A4 Avant - 163 1.8t

[Mar 11, 2008]
    if you dont own VAGcom?

Feel free to correct me but can you diconnect the battery overnight to reset?
  4. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Mar 11, 2008]
    Mine does this occassionally if the back of the car is really dirty. Just a thought.
  5. cheekeemonkey

cheekeemonkey Member

[Mar 16, 2008]
    Gave mine a good clean and pleased to report all working OK so either it was dirt as per Macduff's post or an intermittent fault - let's hope it was just the muck!!
  6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Mar 16, 2008]
    Easiest way to check the sensor is to put the ignition on and put it in reverse and make sure the PDC light (if your car has one) is on.
    Then go and put your ear next to the sensor, it will be emitting a clicking sound if its working, if its silent then its broke.