Rear Parking Sensor Retrofit

Ian_C

Dorsprung Turch Vechnique
Reaction score
Hi

Picked up my new white TFSI - its amazing, in love with the thing.
There are a host of things I would like to retrofit to it, but the first one I'd like to look at is rear parking sensors - I reverse park everyday as the street is chocka-lock.

On paper this doesn't sound very easy considering the ones in my old one are actually built in to the bumper.

Anyone done this? Mission impossible?

No this is an easy retrofit.

Audi actually do a kit for the A3 (about £200) which has all the wiring loom and everything thing already made up. Simple plug and play.

You need to remove the bumper (sounds much worse than it is) and you will see it is actually marked where the holes need to be.

Yeah, and puncture the bumper with these sensors?

Yes you do have to make four holes in the bumper cover for the four sensors. It really is not a big deal though as the location of these holes are marked on the back of the bumper so there is no measuring or chance of getting them in the wrong place.

Why don't you buy the kit and then get a bodyshop to spray the sensors the colour of your car and then get them to whip the bumper off and fit the sensors for you. Shouldn't be very expensive to do if you don't fancy doing-it-yourself.

Lazy, lazy, lazy :)

You could get them from audi-accessories.co.uk but their site is closed at the moment. You can often find one of the Audi dealers selling them on eBay but I can't see any A3 ones at the moment. Might be best to go straight to the dealers and haggle a bit of discount. Most dealers will give discount it you ask !

marms said:
Lazy, lazy, lazy :)

You could get them from audi-accessories.co.uk but their site is closed at the moment. You can often find one of the Audi dealers selling them on eBay but I can't see any A3 ones at the moment. Might be best to go straight to the dealers and haggle a bit of discount. Most dealers will give discount it you ask !

Most dealers parts dept will give you 5% for merely asking sounds an easy enough task to fit them but as yours is white would definetly need colour coding IMO.
I', following a similar route for the wifes Jetta but thankfully hers is black so I think I will get away with it.