Rear O/S Wheel Toe In/Positive Camber from hitting Kerb!

Reaction score
Was hoping some of you 8P guys could offer some advice. I'm quite mechanically minded myself but struggling a bit with this one.

So my mate has a 3dr 8P A3 Sport 2.0 TDI 140 DSG, and decided it would be a good idea to do a left hand down handbrake turn on ice over the weekend just gone and ends up hitting his rear driver side wheel on the kerb. Comes to me on Sunday night, "can you have a look at the damage". What an idiot LOL!

So after assessing the damage:

- Kerb damage to wheel.
- Wheel toeing in.
- Positive camber.
- Play in wheel bearing.

Although I could not visually see any bent arms. Anyway so far we have replaced the hub/knuckle/wheel bearing and it still hasn't resolved the issue. Gonna try replace the lower transverse link next (one which has coil spring in it). Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance, Az.

Think you'll have to have a 4wheel alignment check. The tech woud have some idea what else is ******** when the alignment results are printed. Also depends on how helpful the Tech is of course.

Hi Az, Notice you're near me in Leicester. I've used F1 Autocenter in Rugby in the past and they're incredibly helpful, they'll be able to sort him out.

Get it on a decent wheel aligner before you change anything else.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Changed the lower transverse link last night and has significantly improved the wheel alignment. I think he feels as though he's just chucking money at it and getting nowhere so may just have to take it in to nearby reliable place. I've been to Forumula 1 Autocentre in Leicester to get tyres fitted before and they seem friendly enough so may just advise him to take it there now.

Thanks again, Az.