1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear number plate lights

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by charlie_kerr, Mar 7, 2010.

1. charlie_kerr

charlie_kerr New Member

[Mar 7, 2010]
    Help please, bought a set of LED bulbs from ebay, went to fit them and they did not work, fitted the originals and now they don't work, DIS error now showing, and cannot find a specific fuse. Has anyone else had the same problem?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 7, 2010]
    Turn the ignition off for about 30 minutes and see if the fault goes away, if it does not then, you will need to clear the fault codes with VCDS
  4. charlie_kerr

charlie_kerr New Member

[Mar 7, 2010]
    Cheers CB, been off all night and still not cleared, I'm more worried at getting the lights working again, is it as simple as new bulbs?
  5. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 7, 2010]
    If your old bulbs worked, then fitting new ones wont make any difference. Chances are you need to have all the fault codes cleared which should sort out all the issues
  6. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 7, 2010]
    clear codes or diconnect battery for a quick solution
  7. JimC64

JimC64 Active Member

[Mar 8, 2010]
    Hey there Charlie, don't know about your specific problem except that I fitted LED bulbs to the number plates and they wouldn't work without fitting a resistor. Kept on getting the DIS error showing. I fitted the rersistors and they've been working fine for around 6 months at least I'd say. They look top notch and give off a really bright white bluish tinge to the rear of the vehicle.
    Please see my thread below
    http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68951

Hope it helps some

Jim