1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear lights choice...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_xlux, Nov 15, 2004.

1. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    I want to jazz up the rear and buy some new lights but i dunno what to choose? There are some NICE lexus ones on ebay but i went lexus on my last car and want something different... what have other people done and have u got any pics... I wondered if there were any LED style ones coming out I know they did a set for the 206...........

thanks Lucy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Face lift rear lights.

No tacky Lexus or LED ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  4. mdoyle69

mdoyle69 Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    DONT PUT LEXUS LIGHTS ON YOUR AUDI!!!!!

That would be very very silly!! (and tacky)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif
  5. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    MikeyD-S3nut said:
    DONT PUT LEXUS LIGHTS ON YOUR AUDI!!!!!

That would be very very silly!! (and tacky)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly
  6. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    I still can't decide between facelift or not for mine.

I'm not into modding just because there is a newer version out, if you get my drift.

Oh the decisions!! :)
  7. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    i have some clear ones for sale if your interested ?
  8. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Not a great pic but you get the idea , would think they'll look quite good on a silver car !

[​IMG]
  9. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    1 word lexarse

u could always become a barry :p
  10. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:
    There are some NICE lexus ones on ebay

[/ QUOTE ]

Not such a thing exists.

OEM lights, facelift or otherwise...

Anything else looks rather silly.
  11. darkspin

darkspin Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    back in May i put some clear inpro lights (click link for pics) on but the quality was very bad but thats what you get for a cheap price. I still have them on but will probably change them for the facelift lights. By all means stay clear of those lexus lights - they really do make me wanna puke.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=a3s3&Number=68453&Forum=All_Forums&Words=darkspin&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=68122&Search=true#Post68453
  12. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Look the same as the ones i had , no issues with the build of them at all , thought thay fitted fantastically well actually !
  13. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Thank s for the advice i thought the word lexus wouldnt go down too well and im loving those puking smilies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Those clear ones look good but im still not sure.. has anyone got any pics of the facelifted ones and are they a straight swap??
  14. darkspin

darkspin Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    the fit was spot on but around the edges the finish was poor when you look at it at a nearer distance. Were yours made by Inpro?
  15. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    not too sure , maybe not !
  16. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:
    Thank s for the advice i thought the word lexus wouldnt go down too well and im loving those puking smilies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Those clear ones look good but im still not sure.. has anyone got any pics of the facelifted ones and are they a straight swap??

[/ QUOTE ]

yup! VERY simple to fit. here's a pic comparing both at the same time - how bout that?

[​IMG]

for more info on them read this.

Lexus style are pure sh!te - looks like the rear of the car has been targeted from a shotgun firing light bulbs! YUCK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  17. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    mmm im liking them ALOT!! if u dont mind me asking roughly how much were they and where did you get them from?? btw you also have the blimin rims i want swine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif but thats next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
  18. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    u'll find the RS4TT wheels on a LOT of cars on here - muchos popular! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got my facelift lights for £65, we did a group buy. all details are on the link I posted above or here if you're too lazy to scroll up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif click me sucka /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

you'll be lucky to get the lights for around that price - shop around, or see if there are any facelift models in a breakers near you - ya never know! the pic of the car above that I posted wasn't belonging to anyone on here or in transit of upgrading their rear lights, that was a car I stumbled across when shopping for a tdi for my old man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but good to show the comparison! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob
  19. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    you lucky bugger i see it finished in april /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif ah well off to the scrappy i go....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

thanks for your help you have made up my confused mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif