1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Interior light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Amchlolor, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    I assume both rear roof courtesy lights (L+R) should work when the doors are opened or the switch is pressed ?
    I think one of mine must be blown,unless they are able to work independently and I'm missing something.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. RobB

RobB Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    You can use them as map lights too I think - I have them too but have not checked to see. Possibly see if one of the lights has been "manually" switched off. You should at least be able to check if bulb has blown this way.

Rob
  4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    They don't have individual switches,in the sportback anyway.
    It seems such a petty thing to book it into the dealer for but,at the same time,I can't be arsed replacing the bulb myself !
  5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 30, 2005]
    In my 3-door they are indiviually switched. They both come on as courtsey lights when the doors are opened and go out with the other lights, but have individual push on/off switches to switch them on at other times.

I think this is because mine is an SE and has the optional Interior Light Pack as standard. The description of the Lighting Pack includes "reading lights front and rear".

According to ElsaWin the unit just pulls out of the roof lining and then your can get at the bulb which is a 12v 5w.
  6. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    The rear lights can be switched on for reading,but not individually.
    I had a quick fumble with it but the lens didn't unclip easily.
    Sod it,they collect and deliver so I've booked it in.
    My contact at the dealer is putting me down for a complimentary valet as well

Nice !