1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear fog lights

Inskip75 Nov 6, 2009

1. Inskip75

Inskip75 Member

I'm planning to get both working - I don't like it when manufacturers fit two lights but only have one working!
    Anybody ever bothered to do this or did any come with two connected as standard?

2. Yanko

Yanko New Member

It is not connected as standard. Two sides are to be possible to reverse the light position according position of the driver's side in the car. I have it done successfully on my old A80, and very soon had replaced the rear key lock on the A6 Avant.
    First it is necessary to find another bulb holder from other Audi and a new bulb 21W/12V, 2 short wires (50cm) to connect it to the other bulb holder. The hardest part in that project is to disassembly the inside part of the rear door. Then it is easy...
    Good luck

3. Inskip75

Inskip75 Member

Just done this on my avant - dead easy - just got another number plate panel and used bulb holder and bit of loom to connect second lamp - soldered onto existing loom connector. Drilled out blanking plate carefully with 25mm hole cutter and fixed bulb holder with tie wraps.
    now looks as it should with two fogs at rear:o.k: