1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Ended

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by kash0, Nov 10, 2005.

1. kash0

kash0 Member

[Nov 10, 2005]
    Hey guys,

I was rear ended this morning by some punk ford driver in motorway peak; there is no visual damage, only a few little scratches that are barely noticeable. However I was wondering how the internal structure of the bumper would be holding up, is it worth having it looked at?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[Nov 10, 2005]
    Sorry to hear that. That makes two on here in the last week: You and Roswell.

Definitely worth getting it looked at as just because there are no visual signs it doesn't mean that one of the crumple areas behind the bumper hasn't been damaged.
  4. Roswell

Roswell Member

[Nov 10, 2005]
    Sorry to hear about your car. As booster says, take it to your dealer just to get it checked out.
  5. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Nov 10, 2005]
    Bad news - as the others have suggested, get the car along to a bodyshop and have it checked out - the plastic bumpers can spring back almost unmarked but the deformable safety structure may have taken a bit of a knock. Better safe than sorry eh?
  6. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Nov 10, 2005]
    Yup,my A4 was rear ended and looked fine apart from some scuffs on the bumper.
    The subframe underneath was bent to hell though.
    Ended up being well over a grand to fix.
  7. kash0

kash0 Member

[Nov 11, 2005]
    Thanks for the responses guys, I'm having it looked at today, let you know the outcome.