1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear end knocking

rizzini7 Feb 15, 2012

1. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member VCDS Map User

A week after lowering my Avant (30mm with b5 spring cups) im now getting a knock/lump on the rear when the passenger rear wheel (sounds like its coming from here) catches a pot hole. Doesnt always seem to do it and only on back roads. Have been and had 4 wheel alignment and they couldnt see anything wrong. The noise sounds like the boot isnt shut properly if you know what i mean. Any ideas???
    Probably not related at all but i also had new brakes, fitted new alloys and tyres A6 Slines Et43 with 235/40/18 and a full service including fuel filter at the same time just to give as much info as i can.
    Thanks

2. maddrick92

maddrick92 Member

I have same problem im getting my car on a lift tomorrow so if i find out ill let you know ;-)

3. rizzini7

Thanks, hopefully its nothing much

4. Burt25

Burt25 Member

I had a similar noise on mine, turned out to be a broken spring - pop both rear wheels off and check the base of the spring - mine had broken off and the broken piece was knocking about causing the noise

5. maddrick92

maddrick92 Member

Didnt have chance at looking at the noise today due to my bss lms getting fitted but on my next day off ill have a look

6. infernalzen

infernalzen New Member

the wheel hitting the arch liner, or the bump stop being hit :(
    usualy the bump stop neds shortening too

7. rizzini7

Will be getting mine looked at Monday night again. Will update if i find anything

8. maddrick92

maddrick92 Member

Thats a very good shout mate was think of doing that.... Theyw ill just cut down wount they ?

9. rizzini7

Well, hoping to have a look tomorrow night.Few other clunks but i assume thats just the result of new stiffer springs.

10. rizzini7

Well, turns out my knocking is from the Rs4 RARB. The bushes have started to slip off???? Mymate thinks they may be a bit soft. So gonna order some poly ones and see how it goes

11. maddrick92

maddrick92 Member

Cool i sorted mine out today all mine was was the adhustable cup on the rear was rattling about so at work i make a a clamp as such and fitted it.... Outcome = mint, im so happy iv sorted it now.

Also managed to fit my new cupra r splitter as my old one was smashed to hell due to me not fitting it right last time so had a sucessful day today and really happy with the outcome :)

12. rizzini7

Good news, just need to sort my xenon and front end judder