Rear end issues(car related!)

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Ok, where should i be looking at on the rear of a saloon for wear etc.

Problem is, when i have had the car out, cornering feels a little unstable at the back. It doesnt feel wild or that, but i dont feel too confident in pushing the quattro harder in the bends and as i intend on getting in some track time when i finish it id like to clear any issues like this up to keep the car feeling sharp and more importantly on the tarmac.

three on the lower wishbone, and three on the upper on each side, plus the tie rod

They'll likely all be dead if the cars done 80-100k or more, but you may also find theres an alignment issue going on, as both the camber and toe is adjustable on the rear end.

three on the lower wishbone, and three on the upper on each side, plus the tie rod

They'll likely all be dead if the cars done 80-100k or more, but you may also find theres an alignment issue going on, as both the camber and toe is adjustable on the rear end.

Cars done over 130k so bushes will likely be looking like a tramps teeth by now!

The previous owner had the 4 wheel alignment done on 2 occasions that paperwork shows, will check to see the mileage when thou. Im sure that even when the alignment was corrected that one rear showed toe or camber to still be out a bit, would this likely be worn bushes then causing it? Also would it be better to get alignment done again after replacing these bushes etc?

Cheers.

You need to undo all the adjustment bolts to do the bushes anyway, so ye the alignment will really need done afterwards.

powerflex :)

[sits back to enjoy bunfight]