Rear electric windows

Strick

Reaction score
What sort of job is it to convert the keep-fit windows in the back to electric?
Im assuming i would need both motors/mechanisms and a new switch panel for the drivers armrest, anything else? Where do the rear switches mount? What models had rear electrics as standard?

It's a big job.
You'll need to rewire the car for starters, you'll need the rear door panels & switches as well as the switches for the drivers door. None of the wiring is there. Not even sure if the fixing points for the new frame exist in the door.
I think they were an option on all models. My 97 2.8 Quattro has manual rear windows and that used to be top of the range before the S4 came out.

Yeah, mines a 97 2.8 Quattro too.
Oh well, rear passengers will have to put up with a bit of exercise then. Hehehehe
Nice rims on your avatar there, do you have any better pics? Is the car lowered at all?

Jeeez, not many motors would carry 18s without lowering.
Cool, thanks, somethiing to consider for the future then.

Nice car andy ,really like ure wheels,
cant understand AUDI sometimes why would there not be elec windows in the back of a 2.8Q???? also i c yours doesnt have fog lamps at the front(as mine doesnt either) think its a bit of a lottery when Audi does the standared spec !

I was just referring to the front fog button on the dash, I'm sure it does something

Hella do a "daytime driving light" kit you can stick in the grills in the bumper. Not sure what i think to them tho.

I will be undertaking this project in the new year or sooner as I have just bought all the RS4 body parts advertised in the trading post and am getting the complete wiring loom for it too, and will try and do a write-up of what’s involved. I don't think you will need new door cards just a plug for the hole but you will need to order the switch part of the door armrest to go in.

Like you guys I have a 97" 2.8 without electric rear windows (I gather this was a optional down grade not a upgrade) and find this a let down.

David, I did this on my last car.

You need the rear door frames as the manual ones are totally different. Like you say you will need electric window version rear handles.

The wiring needs cutting from the donor loom and splicing into your existing car loom. It may be tricky as the car your loom came from is LHD so the controls will be on the opposite side.