1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear drivers seat belt is wet

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by shariain, Feb 25, 2012.

1. shariain

shariain Well-Known Member

My rear drivers seat belt is wet its not really wet just damp but on looking at the rear quarter trim panel it's also wet at the bottom above the parcel shelf.

1 is this the side the rear wash water pipe runs.

2 how do you get the trim panels off so I can have a closer look at the problem.

Thanks

#1 shariain, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. leach76

leach76 Member

Yeah thats the side it runs on mate had same issue with mine last week

4. shariain

Cheers dude.

I had a look at it and took off the main trim on the roof between the both rear quarters[​IMG]

[​IMG]then there was a star drive to unscrew on the rear quarter trim behind the roof trim (t20 I think)[​IMG]
    Then just started to pull the rear quarter trim which is held on by clips and it came down easy enough[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Then you can get into the rear wash pipe to reconnect it
    [​IMG]

Mine was not fully disconnected just loose but when looking it came apart no problems. When putting it back together the 2 halves clicked together and it took a bit of force to securely clip then together.

Hope this helps someone else.

5. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

Shariain - before you close up you need to tie-wrap the connectors together somehow or secure the connection some other way. Once they have split apart they do not work the same and will split apart again. Trust me !

6. shariain

Cheers dude. I guess I will need to fix it again soon and will cable tie them together then as I have already closed up and it's now dark outside but I know to watch out for a weak rear water jet and will know that the pipes have came loose again and need fix again.