Rear drain hoses A4 B6 Cabriolet

mitch168516

Reaction score
Hi I have noiced water collecting in the channel around the stowage box of my 2002 2.4S Audi A4 B6 Cabrio, At first I thought it was a blocked drain hose so I unclipped the hoses and blew them through ,the left /nearside duly cleared itself and the water ran away . however I was not so lucky with the offside can't shift it not even with an airline.
I fitted a funnel to the hose and poored warm water down it obnly too find the water comming out at the front of the car behind the road wheel Is this right ???
A quick phonecall to my local independant audi garage wants four figures to replace the hoses
icon8.png
He also advised me to buy a car cover for £200 as the cheaper option
Has anyone out there done this job themselves ??
Ive got replacement hoses for under £20 but can't see how to do the job....... Has anyone got idiot proof instructions or even a diagram would help
I think I need a plumber not a mechanic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Cheers Mitch

Hi Mitch, welcome to ASN. Have a read of the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of info in there, one of the guys will be along shortly. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Can you describe a bit more what you mean for non cab owners, whats a stowage box?

I'll try and look on Elsawin if you can be a bit more descriptive.

Hiya

I have a diagram of the parts but cant attatch to post .................... Help please

Hi James will try it this way
The stowage box is the area where the soft top folds down into above the boot. To be able to do this a panel opens up and then closes once the soft top is stowed sealing the body. Where this panel meets the bootl id and rear wings there is a large rubber seal similar to a door seal, running off that seal are the drain hoses (just behind rear windows) which run either side just in front of the rear wheel arches . The picture I have is a parts list picture and bears little resemblance to the actual parts Hope that makes it clearer
Cheers Mitch

Thanks for the help James

Can anyone help with the fitting of the drain hoses which are shwn as item 17 in the previous post I am getting desperate now taking on so much water Im going to capsize !!!!

I've been through Elsawin but there are no clues (that I can find) about this, and Etka just shows the same slide that you emailed me.

Sorry :(

Have you found the bottom of the drain pipes?

No can't see them there is too much in the way. The new part (17) comprises of three hoses joined together with a 'T' piece two of the hoses fit into the seal (part 15) I think they both run down the front of he wheel arch and dissapear into the floor plan. My real concern is that water is comming out just behind the front wheels I can see the inner sills are filling up, so it won't be long before the electrics behind the rear door cards start shorting out. Also the underside of the the rear seat squab is getting wet now as well.

Old thread but did you get a resolve on this? My car rear tubes, on drivers side drain behind FRONT wheels!! The passenger side doesn't drain at all and I've no idea where it's filling up! Suffice to say when it rains for prolonged periods I then get a front to rear sloshing on accelerating and braking and need to work out how and where these tubes should be feeding!

Thanks

David

Hey,
Same problem with my A4. Water is coming from underneath the left seat and into the left passenger carpet. I've pushed water using a squezze bbottle through the rear drain and while its draining underneath the car I also have water coming in. I think two things might have happened. Either the hose deteriorated and is leaking some water inside the car. Or I had some body work done about a year ago and maybe they move the hoses and didnt put they back in place properly. I have tried to remove the isnide door panel but I cannot really firgure out where the drain is going . Anybody was able to fix that problem or can tell me how to access the drain? Thanks
The part that needs repaired or replaced is 8H0825597