Rear door module problem regarding retrofitting illuminated door handles

Tricky1971

Reaction score
I have a Audi A4 b8 2010 sline avant vin no.WAUZZZ8K9AA133596 and have retro fitted illuminated door handles, warning and puddle lights in all 4 doors and recoded all in vcds. All the fronts doors work fine but the rear door only the handles don't light up on both sides. I was advised by t8ups that some of the modules of the rear maybe need changing and removing the door card I found my modules didn't have pin 3 which the rear door handles are wired to.
So I checked on topic on audienthusiasts.com on installing ambient lighting controlled door pocket lighting which mentioned about some modules have shaded or half shaded blocks in the position they are in the car on top right corner of module.
So I purchased 2 modules from eBay.de with the same part number but a different letter at the end and shading in the blocks as required, I installed them and recoded them but still no door handle lights plus I have now lost the puddle and warning lights in rear even tho I coded them in and have no fault codes. These modules have pin 3 required for the handle lights. Not sure what to do as Pns2007
on this forum said its something to do with the letter at the end of the part number that denotes what the module can do?, and advised looking on Etka but I don't have this info. Can anyone help?
Original module number 8k0959795C
Replaced module number 8k0959795E

Re Etka, you can view it online if you don't have the program. will need something like google translator but it works fine. I retro fitted the lights in my car a few years back. I will see if I can dig out any further info for you. VIN-online.ru (ETKA) - Audi A4/Avant

Rich, I don't have the scans for my A4 anymore. If you check out my thread regarding the door warning lights there is a guy called Scottie who if asked may supply you with a vcds scan. Once you have a scan of a car with the light pack you will at least know one version of the door control module that will work. Ask in the A4 (B8) section for others to post their scans.

Is there a way to change the intensity of the handle lights?
I have them as part of the lighting pack, but they are so dim, I find it hard to see the handles even in the darkest countryside.
Almost tempted to add some proper ambient lighting under the armrest, driven off the handle lights, but need to know it will be controllable first.