1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear disk - abs rotor

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by splasher, May 21, 2010.

1. splasher

splasher New Member

hi guys i have a 1998/9 2.5 tdi a4, the disks are nackered

so i got some new disks, i then tried to remove the abs ring of rear of old hub of my car, not a chance its rusted on an will break if i try.

went to the main dealers got 2 new abs rings, got home and there completely different,

on the new ones they are raised castle type edges every 3 mm , and on mine it has holes every 3 mm,

i think abs work on magnets but the main dealers say this is the only part they have for my car, any one know if they will fit please. asked in there garage know one seams to know for sure ........help
  2. 205man

205man Active Member

sorry cant help you regards wether there are different abs rings,.......but was wonderign why you were trying to remove it? do you have to take them off? only asking as im due to fitt new rear discs next week when they arrive.,
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Quattros just have normal disks, so no worries there 205man.

splasher, my old fwd had the castle type, and the replacement rings i fitted were also the castle type.

I suspect the edge/hole will produce the same output anyway so dont worry about it!
  4. 205man

205man Active Member

ah thats cool then , no need to panic lol, thanks for the info

shame they hadnt come with the fronts tho could go them all done in one day