1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear differential leaking....again

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by warren_S5, Apr 19, 2008.

1. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi all

Just an update on my ever faulty S3. Went back into the dealers today as there is a strange noise coming from the front. Sounds like a clicking sound but has yet to be diagnosed by the dealer.

While it was in there they decided to check the seal that I previously had fitted by them on the rear diff, as it had been leaking. It's leaking again, but worse. A whole new diff is being fitted on the 28th.

Don't know if its an isolated case, or whether its worth any of you checking just in case. I know none of us are anywhere near warranties ending, but its better to get it checked if you have a service planned. It was missed in the service I had at Reading, so dealers obviously aren't looking for it (or if they see it they aren't forthcoming about fixing it!).

Don't mean to scaremonger, but its a very expensive job, and I wouldn't want to see anyone getting caught out unnecessarily or the sake of a 2 second glance. You can't miss it, the whole diff will be coated in golden oil.

cheers

Warren
  2. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

thanks warren will keep an eye on mine... so far fingers crossed on mine everything as been OK.

Pedro