1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear coil spring help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sidhu88, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

So this happened....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394107009.030061.jpg

Now, i have searched a fair bit and have been unable to find anything definitive. My problem is that there are a load of a3 spares available but no one seems to know what they actually have. By this I mean that my car has the s line suspension with the 25mm drop from factory and im trying to source a pair of used rear coils, but most people are unsure about what the cars they have came with.

So my question is this, much like how there are a bunch of codes to tell u brake sizes on a particular car, is there one to tell u what suspension a car has? If so what code should i be looking for

Further to this, im led to believe that the s line models after 06 (8p2's) all had the s line suspension? Can anyone confirm this and if anyone has more info that could help me find the right parts id appreciate it

Also if anyone has a set of rear coils or maybe some aftermarket springs at a good price let me know.

Car is a '56 pd170 sportback
  2. Jonny54

Jonny54 Member

Hey man, have you tired contacting audi? They should be able to help you get a part number then just google the part number :)
  3. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

Most if not all wont give out part numbers. They'll give me a price and thats as far as it goes
  4. foxymk1

foxymk1 Active Member

hi mate, im upgrading my suspension on my 2006 s-line 2.0TDI quattro sportback next week so will have spare rear springs if your interested
  5. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

Didnt realise u were on here. Pretty sure i asked u for ur lights on ed38 but u had sold em by the the time i had money. Anyhow, pretty sure quattro rear suspension set up is different to non quattro
  6. foxymk1

foxymk1 Active Member

Lol if held things on peoples word I would still have a garage full of parts mate,
    I thought your was a Quattro sorry
  7. Jonny54

Jonny54 Member

If your willing to fit 2.0tdi suspension i have the full set. including fronts with 55mm strut. They are sat in my parents garage so if your willing to pick them up you can have them
  8. Jonny54

Jonny54 Member

Oh and also, I have got a part number from audi before.. I had to deceive a little first though! haha
  9. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

What year car du have and isit an s line model? Sportback? Ur in skeggy?
  10. Jonny54

Jonny54 Member

My springs are from the Mk5 golf (same chasis) They are off a GT so are the 15 or 20mm lower ones like on the S-line. Im bassed in skegness but living in Lincoln at the moment. message me if interested man 0seven4560184 five 8
  11. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

Bump

So i've decoded all of the codes on my options list to find

0YF = Weight range 6 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    L84 = Suspension range 84 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    UA3 = Rear shock absorption

I've been trawling through a russian version of etka to find the right parts. I've also checked the colour code on my suspension which looks to be 3 dots lilac (maybe violet) 1 dot yellow.

Now i've come across this on another site:

"(A3) Audi A3 Sportback
    grey.
    orange.
    PR-UA3+0YF.
    (0YF) Weight category rear axle: Weight range 6 installation control only, no requirement forecast.
    (1X0) Drive layout: Front wheel drive.
    (UA3) Shock absorption, chassis, rear: Rear shock absorption."

Coil spring 3 paint marks 1 paint mark. Suspension shock absorber rear ;. Audi A3 (2009 - 2012) # 8P0511115BJ

That says i should have 3 grey 1 orange, but what i have is different, although it is listed for an 8p3. So now im confused, any ideas anyone?
  12. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Member

Anyone?