Rear cam fit trim removal

martin1984

Reaction score
hi im looking at fitting a rear cam in my avant b7 i now im posting in the b6 but as there very similar id ask the question how to remove trim and feed wire through into the tail gate i have asked in the b7 with no response yet.

I tried to route the wires on my old avant, the trim has 4 or 5 torx screws behind the warning triangle flap and in the recesses along side it, it then needs a very sharp tug to pop the metal clips. Feeding the cables through the side of the boot is pretty straight forward, I taped the cables to some welding wire and pushed them through. Unfortunately I couldn't get the phono cables through the gaitor next to the hinge as they were too large so I got no further.

When I fed the wires on my cab I used a metal coat hanger and taped the wire to one end and pulled the wire though then just lifted up the rear panels and ran the wire under it .. Did the same to get it under the back seat then ran it down the side of the car easy once you get going with it

thanks ive got the cable as far as the back so need to feed it up the corner panel and though into the tailgate which is where im stuck how to remove the panel in the corner and feed through ill try with some wire