1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Bumper!

Moresauce Jan 2, 2003

1. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

Just before christmas I was not concentrating and reversed into the back of an old metro. I was doing between 5 - 10mph, not a mark on the metro, but a big dent in the corner of my bumper like a dish! I guess this is all down to plastic bumpers and crumble zones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Anyway had a few quotes for repair:

1) Remove, Repair dent, Repaint, Refit inc. VAT & Labour - £205

2) New bumper delivered unpainted inc. VAT & Postage - £185.56

What are peoples thoughts on pricing, how they have had repairs done etc.

Thanks!

2. Jon

Jon Member

Looking at those prices i'm a little happier. One of my old neighbours reversed into my back bumper whilst parked on the drive and it has pushed the bumper out on the offside. I think it may just need removing, a bracket bending and refitting.

Anybody know of a good bodyshop in the Slough\Windsor area? Anybody have any experience of using Aston green Slough for body stuff?

Cheers,

Jon.

3. BIG MUS

BIG MUS Member

were did u find that price for the rear bumper?
    u mght as well put another £100 on ur new bumper price cause they have 2 spray it remove and fit the new one

4. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

bought a new bumper for mine as it was quicker to paint a new one and swap them over. Also the bodyshop was concerned that the original bumper wouldn't repair and didn't what to spend a few hours trying to repair only to then have to order a new one.