1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Bumper!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Moresauce, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

[Jan 2, 2003]
    Just before christmas I was not concentrating and reversed into the back of an old metro. I was doing between 5 - 10mph, not a mark on the metro, but a big dent in the corner of my bumper like a dish! I guess this is all down to plastic bumpers and crumble zones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Anyway had a few quotes for repair:

1) Remove, Repair dent, Repaint, Refit inc. VAT & Labour - £205

2) New bumper delivered unpainted inc. VAT & Postage - £185.56

What are peoples thoughts on pricing, how they have had repairs done etc.

Thanks!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Jon

Jon Member

[Jan 2, 2003]
    Looking at those prices i'm a little happier. One of my old neighbours reversed into my back bumper whilst parked on the drive and it has pushed the bumper out on the offside. I think it may just need removing, a bracket bending and refitting.

Anybody know of a good bodyshop in the Slough\Windsor area? Anybody have any experience of using Aston green Slough for body stuff?

Cheers,

Jon.
  4. BIG MUS

BIG MUS Member

[Jul 8, 2006]
    were did u find that price for the rear bumper?
    u mght as well put another £100 on ur new bumper price cause they have 2 spray it remove and fit the new one
  5. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

[Jul 8, 2006]
    bought a new bumper for mine as it was quicker to paint a new one and swap them over. Also the bodyshop was concerned that the original bumper wouldn't repair and didn't what to spend a few hours trying to repair only to then have to order a new one.