1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear bumper removal

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 951, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 951

951 Member

Im taking the rear bumper of my avant this afternoon,can someone tell me where the bolts/screws etc are ???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Probably too late for you now but remove the carpet/liner over the spare wheel well and on each side of the car should be visible 2 large bolt heads, one of these bolts will probably be hidden by the plastic trim that covers the bottom of the tailgate aperture.......
    Remove these 4 bolts and bumper can be slid towards the rear, unclip ends of bumper from their hanging brackets and lift bumper away.............
    Almost forgot, think there were a few torx-headed screws as well in the very ends of the bumpers (securing end of bumper to wheel arch plastic liner) that had to be undone before bumper removal could be attempted........

4. 951

951 Member

Thanks for that,exactly what i needed to know. I didnt get round to it yesterday as it got a bit to windy to messing around taking the bumper off. Hopefully will do it this afternoon weather permiting !!!

5. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

Here you go - should give you all the info you need.

Had to post 2 pics as I couldnt get all the info on one screen dump

have fun :icon_thumright:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vulcan808

vulcan808 New Member

Thanks for the thread, just joined and am looking to remove rear bumper on my B7, to fit rear parking sensors.