1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear bumper removal...retro parking sensors??

tuffy Jan 1, 2013

1. tuffy

tuffy Member

Hi all and happy new year!
    Right, I will soon be removing the rear bumper on my avant for a re spray as fairly scratched where previous owners dogs jumped in and out

Got me thinking that I may fit some parking sensors, I know that the drill marks are clearly marked on the rear of the bumper.
    Can anyone recommend aftermarket sensors? I've seen them ranging from £15 to £50. What are people's thoughts???
    thanks

2. Gizmo68

Gizmo68 VCDS owner in Kent VCDS Map User

Cobra are the ones most dealers use for retrofits, they are around £50 a set, but they are by far the best kits I have fitted (done 4 sets now)

3. ben.w93

ben.w93 Member

I second Gizmo68, had some fitted to the S4 cab when that had its rear bumper resprayed.

4. tuffy

tuffy Member

5. Gizmo68

Yes they are the last ones I fitted, I only paid just over £50 though.

6. tuffy

tuffy Member

Thanks. Are they a completely flush fit? And if you dont mind me asking, where did you get them from for £50?

7. Gizmo68

8. tuffy

tuffy Member

Thanks again. Dont suppose you have a picture of any of the four you've fitted?

9. Gizmo68

No unfortunately not, the last set (Cobra ones) were the best looking so far though, they are almost flush, just not quite flush.

10. tuffy

tuffy Member

Just seen another cobra model number on eBay looks exactly the same as the link I added in a previous post but has a code of 0258. Is there any difference?

Thanks