1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear bumper diffuser help please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Leon tfsi, May 27, 2012.

1. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Ok I've trawled through loads of past discussions but still not sure where to go from here. I have an 05 2.0 tfsi s line but it doesn't have the s line kit that the newer ones got ie. no rear spoiler, plain front and rear bumpers.
    My rear bumper currently is just a bog standard bumper with no black lower trim to it. What I'm hoping is that I can unclip the bottom part of my bumper and simply click the s line lower part in its place?
    firstly, is this possible? And secondly where is the best place to get one and what exactly do I need in terms of part numbers etc.
    hope someone can help.
    Car is sportback by the way. Thanks
  2. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Any ideas anyone?
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

4. Baffles

Baffles Member

Are you sure it's an S-Line? Even the original 8P1's would never come out without a spoiler.

You should find all the info you need in Ads' thread.
  5. Jord

Jord Member

I put an sline diffuser on a standard bumper, very awkward to fit because the sline diffuser is slightly bigger, I screwed it in to bumper and the bumper has modelled to diffuser now
    [​IMG]
  6. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

Thanks I'll have a read through it. Yes definately an s line but no spoiler and rubbish bumpers I'm afraid. S line badges, seats, stearing wheel etc.
  7. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

So it seems like its easier to swap the whole thing for a new bumper. Is it as simple as unbolt one bumper and bolt on the newer one then? Are their any that won't fit and if so what should I be looking for?
    Ill make sure I get one for a sportback but if there's any particular model/year I should be looking for please advise. Thanks again
  8. Leon tfsi

Leon tfsi Member

What year bumper is best looking in everyone's opinions? Looking for one that will just swap straight over but there's loads on eBay of different ages so im trying to narrow it down.