Rear bumper chrome strip

Nutkin

Reaction score
Is this removable easily? any tips as i dont want to scratch my bumped by wedging a screwdriver into it.

Its the one on top of the bumper under where the boot sits on the avant.

it's just a set of easily broken clips as far as i can remember. i got a local paint shop to fit mine as they are used to fitting trim. it cost me a few cans of beers. i didn't want to run the risk of snapping it.

Its just a matter of slowly easing it away from the bumper using a small electrical screwdriver. There are lots of small clips moulded into the underside of the strip throughout its entire length, front and rear.
Just work all the way around the strip slowly easing it up, then once all the clips are out you can get enough of your fingers under to just pull it away. The clips are fragile, but with care it will pull away from the bumper without damage.

ordered a set of trim removal tools so see how it goes. got a few custom bits fitting and need to spray the chrome bits to match.

You wont need the trim removal tools to take the chrome strip off, just a small electrical screwdriver and a bit of care and you'll be fine.

Sure i just used tox bits to remove the screws on the inside of the boot and pulled it upwards, only a two min job mate