Rear brakes ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Just recieved my rear disc and pads today and the discs are to small in height pads were good just disc heres what i got and the spec all seemed right but dont no if ive made the mistake or if the company has, is there two differant types of rear discs on the TQS ????

Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 06/99-04/01 Rear Brake Discs+Pads | eBay

Heres a pic to show what i mean.
446e6c2c.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the listing i purcharsed it says 40mm overall height and ive found some on ebay listing 48mm ???

All b5 A4 quattros use the same rear disk. Maybe they're B6 ones or something?

48mm height is correct. B6 disks are 40.

yeah those are wrong.
if the supplier doesnt know what fits what.... send them the dimentions of whats on yours to confirm.

they probably dont have a B5 A4 1.8T Quattro listed due to low production numbers, so just gave you the first 1.8T A4 Quattro disc, which is off a B6....

i had a nightmare getting parts for my E30 318IS, they only made it for 2 years and was effectivly a 325i Mtec but with a 1.8 16v engine, every single part i bought was for a normal 318i(despite me insisting it had to be the same as a 325) and i had to return it and ask for the 325 part instead.

Well been in contact with them today there getting the right ones sent out to me monday and picking the old ones up so no need to take a trip to the post office and they delivering to my work so as soon as they land they will be getting fitted that day so wont be holding out waiting to hear them grinding lol

I would say they are B6 myself as they are identical in every aspect other than overall height. And they said that they use several catalogs to cross referance so they must have got mixed up with a B6 !!

Now thats sorted in the morning its new center diff seal and both rear diff seals and fresh oil in both. Anyone ever done the center diff seal i have some new bearings that ive ordered just incase i have to pop the end off the box and find some a bit worse for wear lol

you mean the prop drive flange seal? easy job. hardest bit is removing the exhaust and propshaft. the 6mm allen keys holding the prop on the flanges are tight!