1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear brake replacement

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by 1inchpunch, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

[Jan 23, 2012]
    Will be replacing my rear discs and pads this coming weekend hopefully and just wondered if anyone out there could confirm 2 of the tools required.

The first is the bit required for removal of the carrier. It looks like another one of those 12 point spline jobies, does anyone know what size? I heard it was M14 which is convenient as that's the only size of got, however it appears to be smaller so I need to order the right size.

Lastly. I read somewhere that you need a special Audi tool to retract the piston. Is this right? I've always just used a C clamp in the past.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

[Jan 23, 2012]
    Should have clarified that it's a 2.0tdi 140 with DSG if it makes any difference.
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 24, 2012]
    Grab a wind back tool from halfords & a set of spline/hex sockets, dont buy singles as its expensive, that way you will have a set for any future jobs, make sure you unscrew brake fluid cap.