Rear Brake Pads - Have I Been Sent The Right Ones?

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
Hi All,

Ordered some Mintex Rear Brakes Pads for my A3 1.6FSI from the bay, got them from a supplier and at the same time I got my girlfriend some Mintex rear pads for her 1.4 Megane (from a different supplier).

My question is, have I been sent the right ones? They look huge compared to the pads I fitted on my previous 8P 1.9TDI.

I have included the pads for my girlfriends Megane to show you the size difference..

The pads I fitted on my 1.9TDI were pretty much similair to the smaller pads in the image, and I'm 100% sure that the pads I fitted to my 1.9TDI had spring clips like the ones on the smaller pads in the image.

My lack of basic motor knowledge is quite apparant, so please forgive me, but before I contact the supplier and sending pictures over etc I thought I'd just ask here first.

Thanks for any help,

ps. The mintex box for the pads says "Audi A3 04-", theres also nothing that mentions that the pads are rear pads, nor doesnt it mention that they are fronts pads. Though I did check my eBay invoice and that confirms that I ordered the rear pads.

I could also go outside, take of the wheel and inspect the pads, but to save my time I chose this option first.

pads.jpg

Last edited:
The ones on my tdi are like the bottom ones. The pad is virtually generic to not only the VAG group but others too. They fitment list is massive, VAG have not changed the rear brake designs in 20 years! lol

I've just looked through the wheel at the front pads, and they seem to be similair to the ones I've been sent...

The cable that is coming out of it, I'm assuming that is for wear indication... what about the rear pads, do they not have a cable?

Lol, I bought the set of rear pads for £15 delivered.. he's obviously sent me the front pads, just checked and he sells the fronts for £35..

I would send them back but considering he spent £8 posting them, I think not.