1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Brake Pads & Disc Replacement

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by maddoggydawg, Jan 6, 2009.

1. maddoggydawg

maddoggydawg New Member

Hello everyone... good to be here... and a happy new year...

I have an Audi A6, 1.9 TDI from 1999, tomorrow morning i am going to change my rear brake pads and disc... i live near London....

Does anyone have any idea if the price will pass over £200 for them to change them?

I have been to halfords and the discs and pads are around £60-£70. So i am guessing the work to install could go to around £100, i do not know exactly... and i don't want to get ripped off... my first car :D...

Cheers,
    Robert
  2. TDI180

TDI180 New Member

be aware you will need to 'rewind' the piston into the caliper, motor shops will sell u the tool for this.
  3. maddoggydawg

maddoggydawg New Member

thanks for the advice.... knew that... i m not going to do it... the auto service will :)

i only care about the quality and not getting ripped off.
  4. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

It's not hard to do, you can buy the rewind tool off ebay for £20 delivered and do it yourself if you got basic tools, takes about an hour max each side if you get the whole back end up you can do both in and hour.