1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear brake hoses

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Broken Byzan, May 8, 2008.

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi all, can you guys tell me what fluid connections you have on your rear calipers?

I have the Ally calipers and have a banjo connector to connect the rear flexi to the axle, only the goodridge hoses i have are completly different. Goodridge have been very helpful, i am just trying to find out what most of us have, ie banjo or not etc, also pics would be good.

Thanks
    Mark
  2. Broken Byzan

Anyone? I know a few guys have recently swapped rears due to binding etc
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

mine are the early iron calipers and dont have banjos

the hose just screws into the caliper, you have to spin the whole caliper round and round to get the hose on and off as the fitting is fixed to the hose

sounds like your hoses are for the early calipers?
  4. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

I'll check mine today Bri, when I get back, but I think mine are cast. I'll get back to you fella
  5. Broken Byzan

Wicked thanks chris i appreciate it:rock:
  6. Broken Byzan

Ok so here is mine, deffo not the same as included in the Goodridge kit, however having been on to their techie guy we have a solution.... They are going to make me some hoses that fit and send them out to me FOC............RESULT:applaus:

[​IMG]

Also anyone contemplating rebuilding a stuck caliper, give it a go, i bought a kit from bigg red and it contains everything you could possibly need. I stripped the caliper and cleaned the piston and bore, flushed it all with brake cleaner. Once that had evaperated i lubed the piston and new seal and stuck it together, they now can be wound in and out with just the windy tool, and no big spanners and two people,lol:applaus:
  7. Danielson

Danielson Member

That is the same setup as the rear of my A4, The reason I know this is as only last week I had a leak from that exact union, I've replaced the washers either side at a cost of £2. All good with no more leaking. =)