1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Bike Rack

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_mattypb, Jan 17, 2006.

1. imported_mattypb

imported_mattypb Guest

[Jan 17, 2006]
    I'm looking to buy a rear bike rack to carry one, sometimes 2, racks on the back of my "3. Does anyone know of any potential problems (scratches, weakening hinges, etc) and how these might be avoided/which rack is best to purchase.

It's for a Specialized FSR so the fit may be a bit particular.

Thanks in advance

M
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 17, 2006]
    MPB,

I bought one from halfords about 6 months ago, It's made by a company called Saris and the model is called bones,it cost me about £65 I think

It was good for what i needed as it can take 3 bikes if needs be and can be folded down easily, plus it has rubber feet so it doesn't scratch the car.

If you do get one, the only tip I would give you is to take some pieces of cloth to put between the clips / feet and the paintowrk just in case.

Linky:

http://www.saris.com/products/bones.htm

Hope it helps

Mike
  4. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Jan 18, 2006]
    Halfords also sell some clear sticky plastic to protect the paint where the hooks fasten the rack to the car. Made by Foliatec, does a good job of protecting your vehicle.

Rick