Rear Beam Bushes - Which Poly Bushes

WorkInProgress

Reaction score
Advisory on my MOT mentioned rear bushes needing done. Any opinions on Powerflex, Superflex or Superpro? Any other recommended brands?
Is there a how to on fitting these? Are they something I can do on my drive or do I need to go to a garage?
1.8t Sport

I have Superpro on mine (LCR) - in fact the whole car is polybushed with Superpro bushes.

Car feels a bit stifer, but more stable and I would definately recommend them :)

You can certainly do it on your drive (I did). It is reasonably big job, can be done without removing the rear axle.

I removed mine as I found it easier to do off the car. Of course this means bleeding brakes etc.

The old bushes are a pain to remove but being a LCR it does have the solid beam bushes. Found the bushes on the Mrs MK4 Golf much easier to take out as they were voided - which yours will probably be too?

+1 for powerflex bushes. I had a garage do them, took a couple hours and feels much tighter on the road. Defo dont bother putting cheapo replacements in the job is a PITA if its done on your driveway!

I think the Powerflex and Superpro are roughly the same price. Do you reckon a couple of hours labour at a garage?