Rear axle bushes need replacing which ones to buy :)

L3WJX

Reaction score
Hi my car has realy bad hard noise coming from there rear which i no is the rear axle bushes and need advise on which bushes to get,i.e polly bushes,standard,eurocar parts bushes ?

I have been quoted £35 a side and i dont think that is bad atall

can any body let me no what the differnce beween the bushes and whats gonna be beter for me if you need to no any more please just ask :)

Its that including fitting ? If yes, then thats a ****** good price as last time i done a pair that was the price for Lemforder ones without fitting !?!!! I would get the Febi solid alloy sleeved bushes. The Lemforder ones are epoxi outers wich break if not pressed in properly ! You will also need press to pull/push the bushes in... I am selling such tool- look in my signature ! Expect a minimum of 80 quid labour as they are quite a pain to do...

£35 a side was for fitting i will nedd to buy the parts on top of that,were can get a good set of bushes but i dont want a realy hard ride thanks alot

Bushes are cheap is labour that's killing ya ! Are you shure they done these before ? Last set i done took about 8 hours and ussualy the rear axle needs to com off- disconecting the brake lines, handbrake cable, abs sensors and shocks + unbolting the rear axle off the car is taking time + pressing the bushes in without the right tool is a nightmare. I would assume they have the propper KLAN press for them bushes but as that cost 600 quid they would have charged at least 3-4 times that ! Anyway, if you get it done for that price is a snip. Go for Febi solid ones, they feel stock and never break mate ! I would say Powerflex are easy to fit but they dont last as well as the rubber ones and need some seasonal maintenance (greassing for a start) + they make the car feel twitchy ! I would double check the quote first !

I put genuine Vag ones in mine (helps as i have trade account with Tps) labour was £90 as ***** job

I would stick with standard as if u start putting poly bushes every where then car will become bone shaker.. im running H&R coilovers,H&R Anti roll bars Forge Rear Tie Bars on mine and its spot on.

I poly bushed one of my old Octy Vrs's ruined the drive big time..

Price is write and they have done it on a golf so im sure they no what there doing,now can somebody tell me name of bushes make or evan a link people have all diff opinions,So i dont want a hard ride but i wouldnt mind it handerling a bit better dont mind how much the bushes are as once the axle off there is no point putting shi* in cheers guys