Rear Arch Flaring.. :/??

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello again all,

Ive finally got my s3 front end sorted and my side skirts arrive next week, the last thing I need to do to get the S3 look I want is flare my rear arches as looking down the side of my car from the back, it looks silly..

Has anyone ever ad it done before or knows anyone that can do the falring/rolling?

Thanks, Ryan

I have seriously looked into this...

So far the best option I have found is to get a company like: www.archenemy.co.uk to do it. I want that S3 rear arch look too... And without investing serious bodyshop wedge, I doubt the look would be that close to an S3.

If you do decide to go the arch rolling way, remember that rolling/flaring using a rolling machine can crack your paint work. Good luck. Keep us posted, I would definately like to know the outcome as I am going to be doing the same thing in the next few weeks (before summer). :)

Could you not find an S3 shell, cut the arches off, cut the same portion off of your car and have it welded, filled and painted?

Obviously I mean a front ender or something.... I'd be well peaved if I went shopping, came back and my rear arches had been cut off.... :)

Obviously I mean a front ender or something.... I'd be well peaved if I went shopping, came back and my rear arches had been cut off.... :)

I never thought of that one... Where did you say you lived again? :)

*cough* Scotland. Ignore the 'Gloucestershire' in my info.... I misspellt Scotland. :)

Reactions: Chris Groom
Welly's suggestion of cutting out and replacing yours is the best bed I would of though, my mates just done something similar for a customer of his (RS4 arches on an S4).

Tbh though from someones who done the whole 'lookalike' thing in the past just save your money and when you can insure an S3 buy one, so much better than throwing money away !

If I had an A3 I wouldn't want to make it look like an S3 unless it had the beans to back it up!

I had a mate who had a celica GT4 and people were trying to race him all the time so he took out the spoiler extensions (those of you who have seen the old GT4 will know what I mean) to try and make it look more like a standard celica.

theres a dreamer on the bay at the minute with a prefacelift A3 - S3 replica - totally unique!!! he says :) had an S3 engine installed, looks like the front end too with FL lights..... wants a fortune for it!! idiot...hes changed the seats but left everything else like the piano trim, Swheel, clocks..... some people :)

theres a dreamer on the bay at the minute with a prefacelift A3 - S3 replica - totally unique!!! he says :) had an S3 engine installed, looks like the front end too with FL lights..... wants a fortune for it!! idiot...hes changed the seats but left everything else like the piano trim, Swheel, clocks..... some people :)

i seen this the guy is a joker he says it got a 280 bhp s3 engine with graphs to prove but in the pic its got a standard 150 or 180 bhp engine not even got a silicone tip theres no way that engine is 280 bhp its totaly standard

yup hes quoting a crappy tuner nobodies ever heard of too...not to say it isnt accurate.....how do you know it isnt a BAM engine though?

whilst the engine in the picture IS an AGU, the TIP is most definately not a ko3/ko3s one. Looks like a ko4 TIP to me, and the airbox and maf housing look a little bigger too....

Perhaps it's a ko4 conversion?

Seats are standard A3 though, not changed.

whilst the engine in the picture IS an AGU, the TIP is most definately not a ko3/ko3s one. Looks like a ko4 TIP to me, and the airbox and maf housing look a little bigger too....

Perhaps it's a ko4 conversion?

Seats are standard A3 though, not changed.

honestly prawn thats the 2.5 inch maf and tip for a 1.8 t all the charge pipes etc are standard also everythin there is standard even the bosch dv is standard an i dint think that would hold up under 280 bhp

yup i think that TIP does look a bit small, i have been wrong before though :)

annoys me that hes selling this as a full conversion costing 14k..... what a ******

As if you'd spend 14k turning an old R reg 1.8 into an S3...You'd just buy an S3!