rear anti roll bar

potter

Reaction score
hi there,
been an s3 owner for bout a month now, its a standard (for now) 52 reg 46000 miles black. been around this forum for a while thought it was about time to make a post.

Had it servied at hull audi last friday asked them to look at a creaking from rear there told me it needs new front and rear anti roll bars.
Been back again this morning as the brakes were terriable after they changed fluid and did'nt bleed the system up correctly and to drain off some off the engine oil as they over filled it (not sure if the apprentice was working on my car or they are just incompatant)
Why i was there i asked if they could show me the worn anti roll bars the rear had some rust on the bar on the outside of the bushes he said it needed a new bar and just new bushes would not fix it. he showed me the front and there was hardly any rust at all and he did say if it was only creacking from rear to not both with front as it looked fine to him (glad i looked myself now).
should i replace the whole bar as i understand there are a weak point of the s3 or will new bushes sort it out.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

think they are right you should change the bar as well mate. good reason to upgrade.

Thats what i was thinking, is it ok to uprate the rear with out doing the front as well. Any recomendations on what to uprate it with.

i have heard of people only uprating the rear bar but you really should change both.

Ive got r32 front and rear. some say the front is too big as the r32 has more weight over the front but there are a vast improvement over the standard.

what car do you have A3/S3

Deffo a good idea to uprate the ARBs. Some say Eibach others go H&R or Neuspeed. From what I've read its advisable to change front and rear at the same time.

i ordered a set of h&r anti roll bars , paid £250 for a set , i will be selling my front anti roll bar if u r interested , its been on the car for less than 2 weeks , cost me £160 from audi or something like that

Mine is an s3, cheers for the advice, i think i will uprate both front and rear from what i've read seems to be the way to go. Any one changed them, them selves is there much work involed or any speacial tools required, i was told i would also require a 4 wheel alingnment after the fitting of new anti roll bars is this the case.