1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Aero Wiper

djcormie May 5, 2009

1. djcormie

djcormie Member

Does anyone know if there are any of the newer model aero wiper kits that will fit the rear screen of a B6 Avant, I only bought a new wiper before Christmas and its already not wiping the window the best, not that bad but just annoying.

I got the front set changed to aero wipers from VAG parts but at the time they didn't seem to do a kit for the rear

Cheers for any info

Mark

2. RyanJonS4

RyanJonS4 Drive It Like You Stole It

I used to have a polo rear aero wiper (mk 6 IIRC) on my a3.
    I was a bit dubious about weather it would be big enough when buying it.
    It was easily big enough though and tidied the rear end up a treat.
    I got it off ebay for around £25 but it may be worth going to a Vw dealer to
    check their prices as they may be cheaper.
    I think the Mk5 golf one MAY also fit.
    Had a quick look on ebay and I think this is the same as the one i had,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aero-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-VW-Polo-Mk4-Mk5-1994-2002_W0QQitemZ390047328138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item390047328138&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Hope this helps

RyanJon

3. djcormie

djcormie Member

Cheers RyanJon i'll have a look

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Is that much neater than an existing rear wiper arm then? Not £27 neater surely!

5. RyanJonS4

Haha...maybe not, although I dont know what the wiper looks like on the avant,
    as mines a saloon it doesn't have one......if its anything like that of an 8l a3 though,
    it will be the best £27 you ever spent!!

6. quattrojames

Quite neat I had thought :uhm: This is an old pic, and the best I could find, but you get the idea:

[​IMG]

7. RyanJonS4

Your not wrong there mate!!.....but the polo one is slightly....and i mean slightly neater!
    The one on my old A3 was a shocker!!..
    Must say though I would be changing it....if I had one. Its the itchy feet thing of always looking for your next mod.
    It would be nice to have matching aeros all round aswell I think.

8. quattrojames

Yeah I agree about looking for the next mod, but an aero rear wiper is well down my list lol!

9. djcormie

djcormie Member

The existing wiper arm is very neat, but I think the wiper itself doesn't wipe the window that well, I only replaced mine in November and its already leaving a 2" smear in the middle part of the wiper. The aero wipers on the front are brilliant, so I thought I'd give them a lash on the back, if I could.....and I think the aero wipers look more modern