Rear Aero Wiper Mod

circleswim

Lacks Car Funds...
Reaction score
Anyone know if the rear aero wiper fitted to the 2009+ audi a4 avant will be a straight swap with the standard one on my 2005 A3 s-line??

Not sure if anyones done this but any info would be helpful thanks.

I fitted a polo ^N aero wiper, i had to mod the cap slightly as the A3 has 2 washer jets and the polo must just have 1

100_0461a.jpg

went and measured the A4 aero wiper the other day, turns out its too long so looks like i'll be ordering a Polo aero wiper arm and blade...

I fitted a polo ^N aero wiper, i had to mod the cap slightly as the A3 has 2 washer jets and the polo must just have 1

100_0461a.jpg

Is that a rear s line bumper you have on the back?

went and measured the A4 aero wiper the other day, turns out its too long so looks like i'll be ordering a Polo aero wiper arm and blade...

Let us know how you get on, My wiper is wonky so looking to do this mod in the near future

will do, just ordered it off ebay so will post some info once complete. Not really a fan of dewipering it as i do a high mileage so the car gets mucky and would like to see out the back...

will do, just ordered it off ebay so will post some info once complete. Not really a fan of dewipering it as i do a high mileage so the car gets mucky and would like to see out the back...

Dead easy, lift cap and remove nut, this may be seized so wiggle it about and it pulls off - slide new wiper into position and tighten nut. You'll then have to trim the new cap when the washer jet squirts through as the bottom jet is obscured by the new cap, you could have a look at a Polo 6N to see if the jet fits the A3

Just fitted mine tonight, had to file the wiper arm down at the non-wiper end as it was rubbing on the window, once filed it's fine, currently not fitted the washer cap as I'm trying to get hold of a vw washer jet that doesn't hit the cap. Happy with the result so far.

I'm trying to this right now, mine wont budge at all, dont fancy forcing it anymore as i've already snapped the blade off wiggling it about! The cap is now full of WD-40 so hope it might come off later

Take the washer cap off, remove plastic wiper jet, undo wiper arm bolt. I got to this stage and tried wiggling the arm off the splines, tried and tried and got nowhere, so got a flat blade screwdriver and pried it between the underside of the wiper arm and the metal shaft it sits on, do this a few different points around the shaft and it'll be off in no time. Don't pry against the glass or you'll be sorry!

Hope that helps...

All sorted now!

I ended up just hacksawing through the metal ring bit on the one side, as soon as that came off it weakend and it just popped off. New one on no problems, The jet does hit the cap though your right but instead of cutting the cap i blocked the lower jet with some super glue, the top jet now gets plenty of force, seems better now than with 2 strangely!

I had a look at the mk5 golf and polo and like my lupo, the jets on them are built into the spline of the motor so anyone looking at this mod will have to re use the original directional washer jet

That's what I did, filed the washer jet to fit inside the cap and glued up the bottom hole. Job done! Check the cap doesn't foul the rubber grommet at the base and that the spline end of the wiper arm doesn't foul the glass as the last thing you want is rubbing! I had to file both these areas in order to get a perfect fit. I love mine, it's wiping pleasure every time!

I would recommend removing it entirely - looks a lot nicer, smoother and sleeker without the rear wiper!

do you have a pic of yours de-wipered boydie? i have a Sprint blue too and would like to see what it looks like