Rear adjustable tie rods got to mad not to

i paid over double that not long ago. great find

Thats a ****** bargain. Id buy 2 sets and run them top and bottom like i have.

Yeah I was going to buy them when I saw them up for £150 but forgot and they put the price up again glad I waited now but thought I would let peeps on here know as they won't be there for long at that price

Thats a ****** bargain. Id buy 2 sets and run them top and bottom like i have.
lol I like a good find :) I did think about buying 2 but I have a set of 4 new tierods sitting here and one pair has super pro bushes so seems a waste not to use that pair at least

Compbrake ones by the looks and well cheap... nice find assuming they are not cheap for a reason :)

<tuffty/>

Christ that is cheap, I was looking at getting some made up that look pretty much the same as that and they were going to cost that each.

hmmm...I have been looking to get some of these....

s3Dave; have you got any pictures of your ones to compare against? I'd like to make sure whatever I got wasn't going to break in the future :S

S3daves have been tried and tested mate there good quality quite afew people run them on here with no troubles

I had these they were great little road Noise tho but strong etc

Cheers Andrew,

They seem a good bargain though, although you will get a "rose joint rattle" in a few months time, unfortunately

Yeah, they'll be cheap joints at that price. Decent joints will last a fair amount of time.

Yeah, they'll be cheap joints at that price. Decent joints will last a fair amount of time.

but the thing is Sam there not cheaply made there compbrake which make quality stuff, at the end of the day £75 is not a lot and if I don't like them I can prob get my money back on ebay later on at that price

I have a set of Powerflex bushes on the rear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this these rose-jointed tie-bars, I would not be using the bushes at the back?...or am I confused?

This tie rod set will replace 1 of the tie rods of each side, I am going to leave my upper tie rods with super pro bushes there and replace the bottom with these.
So after fitting these you should have a spare pair of tie rods with powerflex bushes in them
Hope that makes sense

hmmm...I have been looking to get some of these....

s3Dave; have you got any pictures of your ones to compare against? I'd like to make sure whatever I got wasn't going to break in the future :S

IMG_0830.jpg

Aww when did you start powder coating? I want red ones haha.

but the thing is Sam there not cheaply made there compbrake which make quality stuff, at the end of the day £75 is not a lot and if I don't like them I can prob get my money back on ebay later on at that price

Ah ok, well if they're massively reduced then it's not bad then. Quite often peoples bad experiences with rose joints are down to companies using cheap rose joints in their products. Good ones aren't cheap but will last.

Well yes of course but that wasn't really my point. I'm just saying that quite often parts (such as my Gruvenparts arms) use cheaper joints that develop play and rattle. I'm swapping over to bushes instead. The front tubular control arms use decent joints that should last a while. We shall see!

The missis has agreed to buy me some of these for my birthday ;) ready for when the coily's go on in the summer :)

Ok, so I ordered a pair and they arrived today. So thought I would post up my initial thoughts and a few pictures.

All in all they look fine; they definitely look hefty enough. The quality of the welding is ok, but not fantastic. I might get the workshop here to beef up the welds a bit. Also, the rose joints don't appear to have any seals on them as was advertised - so who knows about longevity of them. However, because the rose joints are screwed in, I might just make an adapter to go to the poly bushes mount and do it that way once the rose joints die! Also, upon taking them apart, one of the threads is a bit rusty, so I'm going to clean it up and make sure I grease them before installation - so go ahead and check yours too.

So, here's some pictures of how they arrived etc. Wanting to fit them tonight, but let's see what happens.

IMAG0874IMAG0875IMAG0876IMAG0877IMAG0878IMAG0880IMAG0881

Squirrelofdoom
I have a set coming today.
What grease are you using on them? Just copper slip?

If you make up some adapters please can you let me know as I may be interested in getting a set off you if that's ok?

Yeah, just copper grease. I won't be making adapters today. I'll run the tie bars until I get annoyed with the rose joints, at which point I will make some :) I'll let the forum know if I do make any

Can you explain to me what these are for - like I'm a 5-year-old? :) I'm thinking of buying Jom coilovers to lower my A3 soon. Should I invest in these?

Check my thread. MadMax sells bush "ends" to replace rose joints. Worth dropping him an email. He'd just need the thread size.

Ok, so I ordered a pair and they arrived today. So thought I would post up my initial thoughts and a few pictures.

All in all they look fine; they definitely look hefty enough. The quality of the welding is ok, but not fantastic. I might get the workshop here to beef up the welds a bit. Also, the rose joints don't appear to have any seals on them as was advertised - so who knows about longevity of them. However, because the rose joints are screwed in, I might just make an adapter to go to the poly bushes mount and do it that way once the rose joints die! Also, upon taking them apart, one of the threads is a bit rusty, so I'm going to clean it up and make sure I grease them before installation - so go ahead and check yours too.

So, here's some pictures of how they arrived etc. Wanting to fit them tonight, but let's see what happens.

View attachment 11837View attachment 11838

Squirrel,

Should the ends be fully welded instead of half welded for extra strength and save water ingress?