Realtime logging with gauges for the me7

Both applications used to make this work are freely available and been around for a while its the implentation and the user interface that I've been working on along with a real time emulator for flashing, hopefully this will be something very positive for me7 tuning this year.

Its a great tool, but really usefully for tunning more than fault finding, having the ability to see exactly what's happening whilst tunning and looking a specific areas. Put this alongside a tool which will provide instant flashing will mean more can be done more effectively.

Typical scenario now is dyno run and log, analyse the data, adjust map, flash the new map, re-dyno and log and analyse. This can take upwards of 15-20mins per cycle
Potential will be dyno, analysis , flash, dyno with in minutes . There are similar things on offer at present but hideously expensive

Reactions: Westy
Would be a massive move forward if an emulator can be created for sensible money Dan,

Watching Niki tune mine on the emulator was fantastic, holding the car against the dyno brake at a given RPM, adjusting ignition values up and down in the cursor whilst the car is running live and seeing what the effects are. Saved SO much time it was unreal.

Would be a massive move forward if an emulator can be created for sensible money Dan,

Watching Niki tune mine on the emulator was fantastic, holding the car against the dyno brake at a given RPM, adjusting ignition values up and down in the cursor whilst the car is running live and seeing what the effects are. Saved SO much time it was unreal.

In theory it should work very similar, will take some work but believe it can be done and the makers of the emulator are fully on board with me on this so at least if there are any issues it'll get resolved. I'm very excited, for the same amount of tuning time you could potentially do 4 or 5 times as much.

Reactions: Pedrosousa
In theory it should work very similar, will take some work but believe it can be done and the makers of the emulator are fully on board with me on this so at least if there are any issues it'll get resolved. I'm very excited, for the same amount of tuning time you could potentially do 4 or 5 times as much.

When you say the makers of the emulator are on board which emulator are we talking about?

Looks good mate where can we get it ?

Maybe nefmoto could help you out with the flashing side of things as im sure its open source now ;)
not sure I know what you mean, what flashing side? Its an emulator so in a sense its a realtime flasher! I'm part of the nef community anyway :) hence why I'm pursuing it

Reactions: Pedrosousa
I didn't think they had a solution for 1mb ME7.5 or have they now. When I was looking for one I bought a used EVC ols300

I didn't think they had a solution for 1mb ME7.5 or have they now. When I was looking for one I bought a used EVC ols300

That's what I've been working on! It does work but not at the moment out of the box, special software patches and new files are needed to get it to function at present all of which hopefully won't be needed when its finished.

That's awesome work mate well done
thanks, I'll keep it updated as and when. Realtime flashing isn't a problem at the moment as that's sorted but the tunerpro comparability is the next step. I'm working..slowly.. On the file system and definitions so data tracing will work.. The theory is all there and application but as no one has done it yet putting it all into practice will be slow part. Currently there is little no me7 support in tunerpro but this will change in time. I'm hoping also that as it potentially could work at 3-4 times cheaper than the evc it could have a place in the market.. We'll see

I looked at moeats stuff when I was looking a couple of years back and the hardware is a proper bargain.

Do you have all the xdf's you need or if you need help making any let me know

I have alot of .xdfs but always looking for more, if you have any it would be a great help. The.xdf aren't the issue at present its the .adx files which are the ones that link the variables to the maps/axis. They are the time consuming part and currently none exist for the me7 as it hasn't been compatible. But they are pretty easy to compile once you know where to look, unfortunately it all has to be done by hand, however once 1 is done say for the 018h bam Ecu that's it its done. It'll be a case of working through them as needed.

so is the driver software for this free ?? , found wingage , were do you get the driver plugin.

:think:

so is the driver software for this free ?? , found wingage , were do you get the driver plugin.

:think:

its not in available yet, working progress and at such time might be licensed. at the moment as well its a stop gap till the real point of the exercise gets finished. Realtime logging and Ecu flashing.