1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtime info via ODB2

Eeef Sep 29, 2005

1. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

This has been on before but a lot of the newbies might have missed it.

http://www.vitalengineering.co.uk/

Essentially info from the OBD2 port, broadcast via Bluetooth to your PDA. Very cool if you've got £199 spare. Software is open source too if you want to write your own apps.

2. auroan

auroan Active Member

do you reckon you could interface the output of the software into vagcom ? Looks like is only one way though ?

3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

I doubt it as the vag-com software is a compiled package. You could write something yourself though wit hthe open source software supplied...

4. synthdood

synthdood Member

Very cool indeed.

Now, if this was also available for the CAN bus and for a good price, I might be tempted to write an application for my PDA that I can use to change those settings that should have been configurable from the trip computer/DIS in the first place. Stuff like auto locking, alarm beep, dash illumination, main lights allway on or not, etc..

The way things are now it is a trip to the dealer and about €60 for each setting that I want changed. The CAN version of VAG-COM is also way to expensive for the things I would want to use it for.

5. shresh

shresh Member

Anand from the 8L forum was writing some software for this months ago. Not sure if he's still on the case.