1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtime info via ODB2

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Eeef, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 29, 2005]
    This has been on before but a lot of the newbies might have missed it.

http://www.vitalengineering.co.uk/

Essentially info from the OBD2 port, broadcast via Bluetooth to your PDA. Very cool if you've got £199 spare. Software is open source too if you want to write your own apps.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Sep 29, 2005]
    do you reckon you could interface the output of the software into vagcom ? Looks like is only one way though ?
  4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Sep 30, 2005]
    I doubt it as the vag-com software is a compiled package. You could write something yourself though wit hthe open source software supplied...
  5. synthdood

synthdood Member

[Sep 30, 2005]
    Very cool indeed.

Now, if this was also available for the CAN bus and for a good price, I might be tempted to write an application for my PDA that I can use to change those settings that should have been configurable from the trip computer/DIS in the first place. Stuff like auto locking, alarm beep, dash illumination, main lights allway on or not, etc..

The way things are now it is a trip to the dealer and about €60 for each setting that I want changed. The CAN version of VAG-COM is also way to expensive for the things I would want to use it for.
  6. shresh

shresh Member

[Oct 2, 2005]
    Anand from the 8L forum was writing some software for this months ago. Not sure if he's still on the case.