really want ipod connection in my a3

matt_hilluk

facebook.com/m9tbh
Reaction score
ever since i got my a3 i have wanted to plug in my iphone/ipod but havent been able to

i have an audi concert headunit. double din. 56 plate.

audi quoted me 100 for the part plus 2-300 fitting, this is in the glovebox, which is no good for my iphone really. but at that price for fitting it is a definate no no

there must be an easier way

can people tell me other options, that include fitting, i wouldt feel comfortable taking it all apart myself.

Tbh.. I used to want an iPod connection, As I was using the aux in I had specced from new, and had the same issues as you have matt.. But now Nigel has fitted the rns-e mk2 with the 32gb sdhc cards, my iPhone/iPod has become a bit redundant!:think: tis well worth saving up for dude

unless you have the new RNSe with AMI dont bother... i have it and its crap! you cant plug your iphone in as its too big! and when you have your ipod in you dont know what your listening to cause it doesnt show track names! just...

track 1
track 2
track 3 etc...

Tbh.. I used to want an iPod connection, As I was using the aux in I had specced from new, and had the same issues as you have matt.. But now Nigel has fitted the rns-e mk2 with the 32gb sdhc cards, my iPhone/iPod has become a bit redundant!:think: tis well worth saving up for dude

did Nige do the nav for you? nice upgrade chrissy boy!!! :o.k::wub:

that actually is a very good thing to know, for a person who wants an RNS-e anyway, its perhaps best just to spend a little extra go for the mk2 with this sd card thing. Does it read track names/artist off the memory card?

I have the factory ipod connection and can also confirm how weak it is!

that actually is a very good thing to know, for a person who wants an RNS-e anyway, its perhaps best just to spend a little extra go for the mk2 with this sd card thing. Does it read track names/artist off the memory card?
Yep it sure does mate.. And it's faaast! No cocking about with the iPhone/iPod... And works properly with the mfsw controls and displays the tracks properly in the dis! I loves it lots, money well spent IMO:wub:

yes!! the thing is i have the prehistoriuc mk1 nav... It has SD slots also but can only hold max 2x4GB cards... and guess what, they dont make a 4GB card anymore!! so i have two 2GB! the new one can hold 2 x 32GB!! im going for the new one with the black frame sooner or later!! looks much clearer (higher res) too looking a pics!

ill hopefully see Chriss' soon!! :drool:

Ill try and post some better pics with my Sony camera in a bit.. Those pics were taken on my iPhone, so they're not the best, but they give you an idea.. Don't worry Rye..you can see it in the flesh soon!:)