Really REALLY needs some help guys - ECU/Immobiliser recoding

San

Reaction score
Hello chaps,

I am going absolutely crazy, being bounced back and forward from every man and his dog.

First of all, I have ans A3 1.9 TDI 2005, and it has been off the road for about SIX WEEKS NOW!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I was driving along the motorway and the car cut out at about 80mph and would not start again. Went to Audi, they had one look at it and said it needs a new ECU and that would cost £1,200 plus VAT. I got my car back, took the ECU out and took it for testing to a company that repairs them. (little did I know at the time that these guys had some serious issues with the guy who recommended me to them and they were going to take them out on me) These guys were messing me around for ages, said they would look at it on the day I arranged to bring it in, then 10 days later, and several arguments and almost a fight later I got it back off them. All they would say is its irreparable and its £800 plus VAT for a new one.

I then took it to another company who test and rebuild ECUs, they tested it on three separate occasions, and could find no faults with it. After this we found a broken wire underneath the fuse box that wasnt getting any power to the ECU (and so there were no comms with any lap top when plugged in)

The car then went back to Audi, for a ECU and Immobiliser recode, and nothing happened. They even refused to do anything else to it untill i paid them £1200+VAT for a new ECU. They wouldn't even do another diagnosis even though I agreed to pay for it in advance. This was basically because they know their original diagnosis of faulty ECU was wrong because I have testing sheets to prove the ECU is all working fine.

So first of all I would really appreciate some advice on how to get my money back from them for the wrong diagnosis, and also the recode which i think they did not do?

Since then, I have had an electrician look at the car, which starts and cuts out now. Basically it seems that the first company, scrambled or changed the immobiliser codes in the actual ECU. So the code in the key and the crank shaft match and the car starts, then it cuts out because those codes do not match the ones changed in my ECU.

I am struggling to find anyone who can recode my ECU. We tried but couldnt reset it to factory settings, and apparently you can not disable the immobiliser on this model.

ANY help would be much appreciated guys. Surely there must be someone out there that has put in a second hand ECU and then had it recoded to the key and immobiliser?????

Hopefully someone can put me out my misery, thanks in advance lads!!!

San

where are you from ?
id put it back togeather and get it to a diff audi dealer
and theres plenty of ppl that can recode keys to ecu
shark over on vwaudi forum is 1

I am from Derby mate, and haven't found in Derby that does any ECU coding. I have been taking it back and forward from Nottingham, but still cant find anyone that can recode the immobiliser :-SSS

Thanks for that, I will have to give them a call and see if they can help me...

Perhaps you never got the same ECU back for the 1st bunch & thats why immob doent match any more?