Really need a decent a4 ........ Infact decent is an understatment!!!

Chrissy a4

audi a4 chrissy
Reaction score
Is in need of an Audi A4 1.9 TDI 130 (PD) 2001-2004
  • SALOON OR ESTATE
  • BRIGHT RED
  • GMBH BODYKIT (MAY SETTLE FOR S-LINE BODYKIT)
  • WITHOUT CHROME ROUND WINDOWS
  • BELOW 70,000 MILES
  • LEATHER OR HALF LEATHER SUEDE (WITH ARMREST)
  • MANUAL GEARBOX
  • IMMACULATE
THIS IS A RARE CAR TO FIND IN NEED OF ONE AS I AM KEEPING MY PRESENT A4 UNTILL I GET ONE BIN LOOKING MONTHS AND MISSED OUT ONE IN WHOLE TIME I HAVE BEEN LOOKING (YESSSSS, I COULDA CRIED:sob:. SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!!!) MUST BE FACTORY STANDARD!!!

NOT GOING TO STOP LOOKING TILL ITS ON MY DRIVE!

You may have to compromise on the mileage mate. If you found one on the plates you are looking for that means it would have done less than 7000 miles a year. That's a big ask on one of these.
I would keep your options open and look at the condition of the car. Even if the mileage is higher than you want I wouldn't just dismiss it....

If you do find one, then good on ya. Best of luck with the search.

Reactions: Chrissy a4
all the ususal places? ebay, pistonheads, autotrader, exchange and mart. just looked on all of them but autotrader and couldnt find one that matched all the criteria. I agree you may have to compromise on something. Diesel only yes?

I agree in that you'll need to compromise, there aren't many red B6's about in relation to the others.

Note that the Gmbh and S-Line bodykit are one and the same.

Keep looking you will find one. I was in same situation...u know when u see the ONE!
I did,but it was located in blackpool and im @ brighton!
Still,i knew that was the one,so jumped on train and got it :)

What makes you think a 8-10 years old car with under 70k is any good ? Been in shi*ers with low mileage which drove worse than cars with twice the mileage. Sometimes bushes need to work so they remain flexible... Well, if you're prepared to pay a couple of grand more just for a meaningless sum on the odometer then fair do !

It is possible to find a good low miles car, my cab is a 2003 plate and has just under 44k on the clock :)

Which would you prefere
70k thrashed around,proberly loads of short journeys not getting up to temp. Or
120k and has bedded the engine,and will be a good runner, id say average mileage for what ur looking for.
You plan on doing your own mods?

Agreed on the mileage issue. My S3 had 77k on it when I bought it. 2 owners all service history and stacks of receipts showing it had been cared for. Drove a year younger one on a supposed 43k and it felt slacker than throwing a sausage down the high street by comparison. No details on its history but mileage alone isn't the be all and end all. My A4 Avant S-Line is on 117k now, and doesn't feel far off the S3 in terms of tightness in the suspension etc.

I feel your frustration but you should be prepared to travel anywhere in UK and understand that details like an armrest can be added later. For example2 years ago my A3 Cab. requirement was as specific as yours but I would still be looking if I had not been prepared to accept a 2 litre petrol over the 1.8, and I never found one with cruise control which I knew could be fitted later. Be aware that bright solid red is not the most classy or sophisticated colour, and would have been rarely specified for what is regarded as a minor prestige brand of car. Look around and most A4 Cabs. are in metallic or smarter darker shades. A Mercedes dealer friend admits to being reluctant to p/ex anything in plain bright red and would actively discourage buyers ordering new cars in that colour.

OP's not looking for a Cab though.

I can think of at least two red cab's on here, 1wheelonly's looked fantastic!

When it comes to VAG cars mileage isn't a big issue, but verified service history is essential.
I've owned several 100k + VAG cars, & they've all been in great condition & uber reliable.
My current A4 was bought a year ago with 161k FASH (verified) it's now on 178k, all it's had in 17k miles is servicing (VAG parts),Pagid discs & pads all round, & tyres. The outside of the car is in outstanding condition bar a few stone chips. The leather interior is faultless. Even the radio & climate control buttons haven't lost the finish yet. Mechanically it's spot on & drives & feels really tight.
As a good example.
A few years ago I bought a lovely 2002 Tornado Red Golf mkiv 1.8T Anniversary 94k with FVWSH. During my 2 year ownership it needed very little outside of normal servicing. However one of my mates fell in love with my car & bought the exact same car with bona fide one lady owner 38k FVWSH. I paid 5k for mine & didn't have to spend much on it at all. He paid over 7k for his & had to throw over 2.5k at it in the 1st year! (mainly suspension related, but a clogged oil strainer too!)

I've owned over 30 cars & in my experience older low mileage cars often have many more problems than well looked after high milers.
I don't normally keep cars very long, but I absolutely love my Audi, & don't plan on selling it.

Well thanks for all of the comments, i have alot to speak for there are cars out there for that milage and my heart is set on the PD Engine that is going to last me a life time as they do and the car i buy will of been treat correctly! Do all it takes to get one as mine has 177 dont want to rely on it anymore allthough many people would love to be the owner of my 130 sport! But yess aye will keep looking and wont stop there will be one out there! Must be factory standard with desireable owner that doesn't put halfords wheels on and racing stripes and go out looking for races :D Can be playing with other cars when my names on tha log book.

WHEN I FIND ONE. There will be a denim blue A4 saloon 130 sport 177 on the clock, one owner on the log book!!! drives unbelievable and boosts great.