1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really loud clicking

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ScottD3, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

It might be nothing more than my paranoid but on the way home yesterday I noticed a really loud relay clicking coming from the relay are near my knees.I've always heard the odd 1 or two click from that area when pulling away from work if the weather was cold but this time there was loads and they seemed louder that before. The clicks would coincide with what the the throttle/revs was doing. changing gear it would double click, lifting off the throttle it would also click. At first I thought it was the glow plug relay but it did it far to many times and since it seemed linked with my throttle or revs I thought it might be the gear box.The gear box ECU is under the passenger foot well (Its a 4 Speed auto) so it ruled that out.Now I'm out of ideas and just clutching at random ideas, was the Turbo or N75 relay, if there is such a thing but at this point I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any ideas? VCDS was used last weekend with no codes but I will check again this weekend if I got time. EDIT:=- The formatting of this post is not my fault. The forum is fault.
  2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Did you have your wipers on ?
  3. ScottD3

They was off.This clicking is louder than the wipers.
  4. ScottD3