1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really basic PC question

stewarta13wsb Sep 4, 2006

1. stewarta13wsb

stewarta13wsb Member

I've been reading a couple of threads about using a PC for car polishing... am I getting it wrong or do most people only use it for applying the wax/polish and then still buff it by hand to it's final shine with a microfibre, or do you use the machine with a different 'head' on it?

2. icenutter

icenutter Member

You can use it for both: it's variable speed and the heads are interchangable.

3. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I struggled like hell getting my car through the printer but it went in the end and the results were spot on ;)

Regards,

Rob.

4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The general consensus seems to be:-

Wash car
    Dry Car
    Clay Car
    Wash Car
    Dry Car

(NOTE you don't have to clay the car everytime)

Apply polish with PC using either a polishing pad or cutting pad
    Wipe off using microfibre cloth
    If you have used a cutting pad, now apply less abraisive polish using a polishing pad and wipe off using a microfibre

Now to the sealant/wax.

You can apply a wax or sealent or both.

If you are going for a straight forward wax, I prefer to apply by hand and then microfibre off. I only use the PC for polishing. You don't really need power when applying wax.

I will apply a sealent first, followed by a wax. (all by hand).

hope this helps
    Rich.

5. icenutter

icenutter Member

dickys3: why do you use a sealant then wax? I thought the point of a sealant was to seal whatever is underneath? Just interested.

6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The sealant and wax compliment each other.

Oh and the sealant I use is synthetic, so it protects the paint longer. The Wax I use is carb and doesn't last that long, but makes the car look great!

7. DIPS_A4

DIPS_A4 SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

i 3 staged mine yday. useing merguires paint cleaner good stuff then polish and then gold class wax then final polish with a microfiber. i gotto say that paint cleaner is amazing got rid of some scratchs n stone chips blendid them in.