1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-trimming seats with leather/alcantara

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by clcollins, Sep 2, 2004.

1. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    OK people really important question here, don’t let me down. I am refitting my A3 sport interior, but not before I have it retrimmed in leather and/or alcantara. The question is what colour choice(s) do I go for?

What I know for sure is that the main body of it is going to be black leather, doors, armrest, and headrests. I want to colour contrast the centre sections of the seats (bum and back rests) and possibly use a different material like alcantara. I am thinking of just going a few shades lighter.

Then there is the stitch detail, it can be matching or colour contrasting, they can also stitch the Audi 4 rings logo, I was thinking of this on the headrests, but concerned it will look a bit too max power.

What do you think?

Here is the company I am going to use, anyone got any info on them, good, bad or indifferent?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    What colour is the body of your car? I would go for something that complements the body colour if not a **** colour like that mettalic wizz colour.

I think embossed logo's look better than embroidery too, if they can do that. The four rings embossed in would look cool.
  4. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    The car is Ebony Black.

Embossed logos would be cool, good idea, I'll ask.

Theay also do a carbon fibre embossed leather, which is not anywhere near as bad as it sounds, perforated leather is also available.
  5. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    Yeah, Perforated leather looks good. With the black exterior i would (personally) go for black bolsters with black/ dark grey alacantra centres with silver stiching - Class, not overstated.
  6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 2, 2004]
    Black leather sides, with dark grey alcantera with grey stitching on the black leather. grey alcantera door cards to match.

Rich
  7. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    Yeah thats what i meant, black leather bolsters with dark grey alacatra - mint
  8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 2, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    Yeah thats what i meant, black leather bolsters with dark grey alacatra - mint

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy, understated, yet sporty. I like it!
  9. pure

pure Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    Black / Dark Grey leather (Silk Nappa or whatever the audi type is) with silver alacatra mate, U know what it looks like I aint seen many others like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  10. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Sep 2, 2004]
    Pure, loving the girl in your avatar mate
  11. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Sep 2, 2004]
    what about black with red? or maybe red stitching. or black side bits like you said, and the middle bits in same colour but perforated leather, with red stitching?