1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-trimming seats with leather/alcantara

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by clcollins, Sep 2, 2004.

1. clcollins

clcollins Member

OK people really important question here, don’t let me down. I am refitting my A3 sport interior, but not before I have it retrimmed in leather and/or alcantara. The question is what colour choice(s) do I go for?

What I know for sure is that the main body of it is going to be black leather, doors, armrest, and headrests. I want to colour contrast the centre sections of the seats (bum and back rests) and possibly use a different material like alcantara. I am thinking of just going a few shades lighter.

Then there is the stitch detail, it can be matching or colour contrasting, they can also stitch the Audi 4 rings logo, I was thinking of this on the headrests, but concerned it will look a bit too max power.

What do you think?

Here is the company I am going to use, anyone got any info on them, good, bad or indifferent?
  2. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

What colour is the body of your car? I would go for something that complements the body colour if not a **** colour like that mettalic wizz colour.

I think embossed logo's look better than embroidery too, if they can do that. The four rings embossed in would look cool.
  3. clcollins

clcollins Member

The car is Ebony Black.

Embossed logos would be cool, good idea, I'll ask.

Theay also do a carbon fibre embossed leather, which is not anywhere near as bad as it sounds, perforated leather is also available.
  4. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

Yeah, Perforated leather looks good. With the black exterior i would (personally) go for black bolsters with black/ dark grey alacantra centres with silver stiching - Class, not overstated.
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

Black leather sides, with dark grey alcantera with grey stitching on the black leather. grey alcantera door cards to match.

Rich
  6. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

Yeah thats what i meant, black leather bolsters with dark grey alacatra - mint
  7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    Yeah thats what i meant, black leather bolsters with dark grey alacatra - mint

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy, understated, yet sporty. I like it!
  8. pure

pure Member

Black / Dark Grey leather (Silk Nappa or whatever the audi type is) with silver alacatra mate, U know what it looks like I aint seen many others like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  9. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

Pure, loving the girl in your avatar mate
  10. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

what about black with red? or maybe red stitching. or black side bits like you said, and the middle bits in same colour but perforated leather, with red stitching?