1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-spray advice and radio noise

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Moby Dick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Moby Dick

Moby Dick New Member

Good Morning all.

Can I tax a few of the grey cells please. My A3 in Blue Metallic suffers from bad rash across the whole of the front and the bonnet edge. I took it to a paint shop for a quote to be told it was a very common problem on the audi's! Well first I have heard of this and have been eyeing up other cars since for evidence of this to no avail. I only purchased this car last year when it was raining :redface: so a bit stupid.

Can anyone confirm this is so and have been quoted around £600 + VATto re-spray the whole of the front end and 'mop' over the rest of the body to a spanking new finish. Is this about right?

Also had the car re-mapped and since there is a curious whine coming from radio area and nothing to do with engine revs but with throttle amount? Any ideas as is doing my idiot head in.

Love the car otherwise but is spoiling the fun. Any help please.

Cheers. Phil...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

sounds about right considering youwont be stripping anything i work on the rule of 150 quid a panel for stripped panels, good that they are gonna machcine polish the whole car for you too

no idea on the noise from the radio