Re: New S3, few questions regarding RNS-E and bluetooth/Ipod.

rob_watti

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is my first post here since purchasing my 2008 08 3dr black S3. I'm loving the car so far and managed to find one with RNS-E, bucket seats/full leather, cruise, phone prep in the arm rest, TPMS and a few other bits.

I'm just wondering if because my RNS-E has phone prep in the arm rest, does it also have bluetooth? If not can I go about retro fitting it with a genuine kit? Also I'd like to have my iPod connected in as well. Do they do a genuine kit for this as well?
many thanks

Rob

Do you get the blue tooth sign on the RNSE at the bottom of the screen where its says TP etc if you are in the car with a blue tooth phone and what happens if you push mode on the steering wheel ?
You can get a ipod dock, its std in later S3's as part of the AMI. You need an Aux in adapter.

Yes if you have phone prep in the armrest then you will 100% have Bluetooth, just Scan for it soon as you start your car then it will be found, the pin to join is usually 0000 or 1234.

Ok cool, I've give this a try and let you know how I get on. Is it true I need a later version of the RNS-E to install AMI?

Is the later unit and staright plug and paly and is it worth the upgrade?

Cheers

Rob

With the age of your car you will likely have mk. 1 RNS-E which the proper AMI won't work with. You have three main choices:
1. Upgrade the RNS-E then add AMI (most expensive)
2. Use a third party adaptor like Denison or Alpine (getting my alpine fitted next week)
3. Retrofit an aux adaptor. (cheapest but this will not give track info on the screen or charge your iPod)

I will post updates on another thread once my retrofits are done next week