Re-Mapping

IrishDave

Reaction score
Ok I have booked the car in to get a Revo re-map next week. I have also ordered a Milltek exhaust. Now the exhaust wont be here for about 2 weeks(good aul Awesome turn around times). Should I wait until the exhaust arrives to get it mapped or will it make any difference and just put the exhaust on when it arrives.

i would get the exhaust done then get car mapped

IT would be best to get the exhaust on first but it wont make much difference to be fair. The Stage 1 Revo map doesn't allow for as much adjustment as the stage 2 map and it depends if you're having the car rolling roaded and whether the people loading the map will adjust it.

If its just a cat back miltek, just get the remap

Yeah just a cat back for the moment until XS get their finger out and sort this Manifold and Downpipe situation and the outcome of Westy's intercooler.

I'm in the exact same situation, was booked in to have the exhaust done, but thing's changed/they had ordered the wrong part and so... no exhaust fitted yesterday. had already booked the remap for the following week, and was wondering what to do, but with what's been said here, it's only a revo stage 1.. however they said they take it out with me driving after the remap and set it up to my style of driving... is this standard service with revo remaps or just the place i'm going? seems pretty good though.. and all for £349! so they told me anyway...!

Doesn't sound like standard service to me, in a good way.

From the cat back the standard exhaust really aren't that restrictive, IIRC tuffty only ran into egt problems at about 340 brake and won't really give any increase in performance, just noise.

The restrictive parts of the exhaust system are the exhaust mani, the downpipe and to a lesser extent the cats, these are the bits a map could take account of.

ps. I love my Miltek, the sound is awesome

Doesn't sound like standard service to me, in a good way.

From the cat back the standard exhaust really aren't that restrictive, IIRC tuffty only ran into egt problems at about 340 brake and won't really give any increase in performance, just noise.

The restrictive parts of the exhaust system are the exhaust mani, the downpipe and to a lesser extent the cats, these are the bits a map could take account of.

ps. I love my Miltek, the sound is awesome

i did like the sound of ur exhaust. i need to hear what mine actually sounds like from the outside lol

i did like the sound of ur exhaust. i need to hear what mine actually sounds like from the outside lol

Cheers dude! I know for a fact mine sounds better from the outside. Ill give yours some boot if you like whilst I drive past you ;)